WordPress Webmaster Course
For those webmasters who need to learn the skills to manage an existing WordPress website.
The WordPress Webmaster training course aims to give participants a thorough understanding of how to manage an existing website built with WordPress. Participants will cover how to create new content, manage existing content, add pages to navigation menus, upload and manage images and media types, manage website backups and security, integrate Google Analytics, and much more.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those who have been assigned the role of webmaster. A webmaster may not need to learn design skills or how to build a website from scratch however you do need to know how to manage existing content on a website, how to add new content, manage media and images, manage backups and security and more.
At the completion of the WordPress Webmaster training course you should be able to:
The WordPress Webmaster course assumes a basic knowledge of WordPress. You should be able to login to the WordPress Dashboard, and navigate the dashboard interface.
Our WordPress Webmaster course is conducted over 1 day, however, can be customised to suit the needs of the participants.
- Identify key information about your website
- Explore basic settings
- Identify your WordPress theme
- Identify active plugins
- Keep WordPress up to date
- Keep plugins and themes up to date
- Tips and best practices for updating WordPress
- Posts vs Pages
- Filter and search blog posts
- Edit existing blog posts
- Create a new blog post
- Use the WordPress Block Editor
- Publishing Options
- Use Post Layouts
- Assign categories and tags
- Use Featured Images
- Edit post excerpts
- Schedule posts in advance
- Edit existing page content
- Create a new page
- Use common WordPress blocks
- Work with Parent pages
- Change Page Attributes
- Use Revisions
- Edit an existing navigation menu
- Use different menu link options
- Create a drop-down menu
- Remove items from the menus
- Create additional navigation menus
- Create text-based hyperlinks
- Create image-based hyperlinks
- Set hyperlink options
- Explore the Media Library
- Best practices for image optimisation
- Upload media content
- Add images to a post or page
- Best practices for image SEO
- Create an image gallery
- Upload audio and video
- Embed video from other sources E.g. YouTube or Vimeo
- Identify comment settings site wide
- Edit comment settings for individual posts
- Moderate a comment
- Incorporate anti-spam options
- What is a Widget?
- Identify widget areas
- Edit existing website widgets
- Remove redundant widgets
- Add new widgets to a website
- Edit existing forms
- Manage form entries
- Create a new form
- Position a form within a post or page
- Edit existing product information
- Mark items as out of stock
- Add a new product
- View new and pending orders
- Manage website backups
- Manage website security
Pricing as of 1st July 2019. All prices are exempt of GST. All prices are PER SESSION, not per person.
|Number of participants||1 Day course|
Above costs are for training conducted within the Sydney region and is subject to travel fees dependent on location. Pricing provides a guide only and will be confirmed at time of booking enquiry.