WordPress Intermediate Course
Instructor-led WordPress Intermediate Course
Increase your WordPress skills with our two-day course.
Our WordPress intermediate course is designed to increase your skills in the use of WordPress. Take your skills to the next level and explore backend files, search engine optimisation, ecommerce shops, caching, custom CSS code and more.
Become the master of your WordPress website.
Gain practical insights from our experienced trainers/website designers. Experience one on one training or have colleagues join you in a private training session.
Who is this course for?
At the completion of WordPress Intermediate you should be able to:
Set up WordPress on a localhost
- Install personal web server software
- Explore the phpMyAdmin interface
- Set up WordPress using a localhost
- Import an existing site into new install
- Edit the wp-options table
- Edit the wp-config.php file
Back up and update your WordPress website
- Use an FTP client to transfer files
- Use cPanel (web hosting management console)
- Keep WordPress up-to-date
- Strategies for updating multiple sites
- Keep plugins and themes up-to-date
- Integrate social media platforms
- Install and configure an SEO plugin
- Use an XML sitemap
- Edit meta title and descriptions
- Install and configure an online shop
- Import products
- Configure shipping options
- Install a caching plugin
- Install and configure a slider plugin
- Introduction to HTML code
- Explore HTML tags in your theme
- Parent vs Child Themes
- Create your own child theme
- Activate a child theme
- What is CSS?
- CSS resources
- CSS syntax and specificity
- Explore the WordPress Customiser
- Inspect CSS code within your website
- Create CSS syntax from scratch
- Introduction to PHP
- Explore PHP files
- Review the functions.php file
- Review the header.php and footer.php
- Create a new widget area
- Create a new menu area
- Edit your site’s footer content
- Add new functionality to your website
Back up your local website
- Export your SQL database tables
- Copy the required WordPress files
Pricing as of 1st October 2021. All prices are exempt of GST.
|Number of participants||Cost (2 Days)|
|Each participant thereafter||+$300.00|
E.g. 3 x participants = $1,100.00 + ($300.00 * 2) = $1,700.00 for the full 2 day course
This equates to approx $566.00 per person for 2 days of training.
Above costs are for training conducted within the Sydney region and is subject to travel fees dependent on location. Pricing provides a guide only and will be confirmed at time of booking enquiry.