WordPress Intermediate Training Course
WordPress Intermediate is part of a 2-level study program. This course aims to give participants further understanding of managing a website using WordPress. Participants will cover editing some “backend” files within the database and WordPress files, use shortcodes, install common plugins such as contact forms, social media integration, search engine optimisation, and caching.
At the completion of WordPress Intermediate you should be able to:
WordPress Intermediate assumes experience using WordPress. Users should have a good understanding of all basic functions, such as those covered in the Introduction course, it is beneficial to have a good understanding of personal computers and the internet.
The WordPress Intermediate course is run over two-days but can be customised to suit your needs.
- Install personal web server software
- Explore the phpMyAdmin interface
- Set up WordPress using a localhost
- Import an existing site into new install
- Edit the wp-options table
- Edit the wp-config.php file
- Use an FTP client to transfer files
- Use cPanel (web hosting management console)
- Keep WordPress up-to-date
- Strategies for updating multiple sites
- Keep plugins and themes up-to-date
- What is a Shortcode?
- Using a shortcode plugin
- Insert shortcode into pages, posts and widgets
- Install and configure a form building plugin
- Work with Social Media Integration plugins
- Install and configure an SEO plugin to optimise your site for search engines
- Install and configure an e-commerce plugin to run your own online shop
- Install a caching plugin to optimise your site
- Install and configure a security plugin to secure your site
- Install and configure a slider plugin
- Install and use an advanced user management plugin
- Introduction to HTML code
- Explore HTML tags in your theme
- What is CSS?
- CSS resources
- CSS syntax and specificity
- Parent vs Child Themes
- Create your own child theme
- Activate a child theme
- Explore a child theme files
- Install and use a CSS editor plugin
- Explore the WordPress Customise interface
- Inspect CSS code within your site
- Create CSS syntax from scratch
- Introduction to PHP
- Create your own site-specific plugin
- Install and use an advanced code editing plugin
- Create a new widget area
- Create a new menu area
- Edit your site’s footer content
- Add new functionality to your site via the functions.php file
- Export your SQL database tables
Copy the required WordPress files
Pricing as of 1st July 2019. All prices are exempt of GST. All prices are PER SESSION, not per person.
|Number of participants||2 Day course|
Above costs are for training conducted within the Sydney region and is subject to travel fees dependent on location. Pricing provides a guide only and will be confirmed at time of booking enquiry.