WordPress Introduction Course
WordPress for beginners
Learn how to use WordPress with our two-day course.
Our WordPress for beginners course will introduce you to the world of WordPress website design. Learn the fundamental skills you will need to design and manage a WordPress website.
Explore the terminology and key concepts.
Gain practical skills from our experienced trainers/website designers. Experience one on one training or have colleagues join you in a private training session.
Who is this course for?
This WordPress course is perfectly suited to anyone who wants to learn how to create a WordPress website. Whether you want to create your own business website, redesign the one you have, or understand what your website design has done, this course will take you from step 1 through to completion of a website design. Learn the terminology and the possibilities when using WordPress for your website.
At the completion of the WordPress Introduction training course you should be able to:
Introduction to WordPress
- Install personal web server software
- Explore the phpMyAdmin interface
- Set up WordPress using a localhost
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard
- Customise the WordPress Dashboard
- Customise basic site settings
- Working with Themes
- Parent vs Child Themes
- Explore options for choosing a theme
- Install a Theme
- Activate a Theme
- Using the Theme Customiser
- Posts vs Pages
- Create a new post
- Publishing Options
- Using the Block Editor
- Change Post Layouts
- Work with Categories
- Work with Tags
- Use Featured Images
- Create a new page
- Use Parent and child pages
- Use Page Attributes
- View Revisions
- Create your own navigation menu
- Assign menus to different locations
- Use different menu link option
- Create text-based hyperlinks
- Create image-based hyperlinks
- Set hyperlink options
- Explore the Media Library
- Upload media content
- Add media details including alt text
- Edit an image within WordPress
- Understand Media Attachment Pages
- Create an Image gallery
- Upload audio and video
- Embed video from other sources
- Keep WordPress up-to-date
- Strategies for updating multiple sites
- Keep plugins and themes up-to-date
Import and Export
- Import content from other platforms
- Export site content
- Check site health
- Configure basic comment options
- Use moderation and blacklists
- Set commenting for individual posts
- What is a widget?
- Use custom theme widgets
- Explore widget areas
- Add a widget
- Use built-in widget types
- Explore built-in user permissions
- Manage User accounts
- Edit your own profile
- Create a new user account
- Install and configure a backup plugin
- Install and configure a security plugin
- Install and configure a form plugin
- Introduction to basic CSS syntax
- Finding the CSS code
- Use a plugin to edit basic CSS code
Pricing as of 1st October 2021. All prices are exempt of GST.
|Number of participants||Cost (2 Days)|
|Each participant thereafter||+$300.00|
E.g. 3 x participants = $1,100.00 + ($300.00 * 2) = $1,700.00 for the full 2 day course
This equates to approx $566.00 per person for 2 days of training.
Above costs are for training conducted within the Sydney region and is subject to travel fees dependent on location. Pricing provides a guide only and will be confirmed at time of booking enquiry.