Web Design Resources
Below are several resources which are beneficial for those wanting to manage content on their WordPress based website.
Easy WP Guide release an updated version of this user manual when each major release of WordPress is made. This is a free resource where you simply need to enter your email address during the checkout process.
- Go to https://easywpguide.com/product/ewpg-for-wp54-pdf-english/
- Click the link above and click Add to Cart
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Enter your email address in the field then click Place Order.
- You will now see an Orange bar with Easy WP Guide for WP5.x (English). Click this button to begin download of the PDF file. The file is approx 57MB in size.
- The file should be available in your Downloads folder
- You will also receive an email with a link to download it again at a later time
WooCommerce is an online shop platform which is compatible with WordPress. WooCommerce provide in-depth documentation on how to use their plugin.
If you have a question which is not answered by the WooCommerce documentation, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
UpdraftPlus (Site Backup)
If your site is configured with UpdraftPlus as your backup plugin, it is good practice to check this occasionally to make sure your backups are completing successfully.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- From the sidebar select Settings then UpdraftPlus Backups
- This screen will display the Next Scheduled Backup and a list of Existing Backups. Check the date of the most recent backup, if it is more then 3-4 weeks old then please contact us for troubleshooting
Yoast SEO (search engine optimisation)
The Yoast SEO plugin is used to help analyse your website content and compare it to best practices for search engine optimisation. Yoast SEO helps to optimise your website for search engines, and while it does that well, it still needs your input. The plugin would have been installed and configured but you may need to then configure and check each page and post in your site to see if it is optimised correctly.
Some useful Yoast SEO documentation is below:
- Beginners Guide to Yoast SEO (The configuration wizard has already been completed by us, skip to the SEO analysis chapter
- WordPress SEO: The Definitive Guide by Yoast SEO
- How to set up Yoast SEO for WordPress Correctly by Neil Patel
- How to install and Setup WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast from Wpbeginner.com
If you wish to discuss SEO in further detail or have specific questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are using MailChimp for your email marketing and subscription lists you will find some useful resources below. Your WordPress website and Mailchimp account are linked together using a plugin within your website. Anyone who subscribes to your newsletter on your website, will automatically be subscribed into your MailChimp list.
To send a newsletter, you must do this through MailChimp. MailChimp refers to newsletters as “Campaigns”. Your subscriber list is called the “Audience”.
- MailChimp 101
- MailChimp Homepage and Login
- Requirements and Best Practices for Audiences
- Marketing Tips
- Guides and Tutorials
To access MailChimp, follow these steps:
- Go to login.mailchimp.com
- Enter your username and password and click Login
- The Audience screen will be displayed which gives you an overview of your current mailing list subscriber numbers etc
- Click the View Contacts button to display a list of your individual subscribers
- The Audience screen will display a second toolbar giving options for Manage contacts, Add contacts, and other Settings
- From the top navigation menu you can access Campaigns which are your individual newsletters
- To create a new Campaign, click the Create Campaign button from the top right corner of the screen.
Macarthur WordPress Meetup
We created the Macarthur WordPress Meetup group in early 2019 to provide FREE in-person workshops revolving around WordPress to the local Macarthur community. Meetup.com is a free platform which allows people to join groups interested in similar topics as yourself.
We will be scheduling regular free meetup events over 2019 so be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or sign up for your free Meetup.com account and join the Macarthur WordPress Meetup group for more details and notifications. Click the image below to be taken straight to the Meetup group page.